I’ve got some blog housekeeping I wanted to do today. So, in no particular order…
One of the great things about being a personal finance blogger is getting to know others in the community. Whether you’re trying to get out of debt, cut your spending, clip coupons, learn how to be a DIY-er, or bone up on investing, there’s a blog to fit that need. And, there’s also bound to be some rad ass individuals behind that blog that are more than willing to chat with you, answer any questions you might have, and help you on your quest. With that being said, there are some new blogs I wanted to mention and that you will now find on the blogroll.
- The Frugalwoods. Straight outta’ Boston, they’re an awesome couple with an insane savings rate of >80%, and might be one of the few blogs I can think of that features their dog more than I do right here. Be sure to check them out to see what’s right. And to see a pretty fancy greyhound.
- Frankly Frugal Finance. Kipp is a solid dude, and I would definitely recommend picking up on what he’s putting down. His blog (now 1 month old and already nominated for a Liebster) has some unique ways of thinking that will help fatten up your wallet. And he’s right north of Grand Rapids, MI so you know he’s good people.
- My Stay At Home Adventures. Brit is by no means new, but if you’re looking for some coupons and where to find the good deals AND good writing, click on the link.
- Busted Budget. Brandy is new to the scene, but after reading that she and her husband grabbed a beer with $5 they found on the ground only after unsuccessfully trying to find the rightful owner, I was sold. They actually sound a lot like my wife and I, only with a cat. I’m not a cat person, unless it is a rescue with 3 or less legs. I’ve got a soft spot for animals with missing legs. Like any human with a soul would.
- No More Waffles. From Belgium. Need I say more? Oh. Okay. From Belgium, and working towards financial freedom with a pretty good story behind his blog’s name.
So, be sure to check those bloggers out. They’re worth your time.
Additionally, Kipp nominated me for a Liebster. I got one of those a while back, but I’m always down to answer some questions about myself from any of the 8 regular readers of this blog. So, here are Kipp’s questions for me.
1.) What is your favorite color? Seafoam Green.
2.) What is your quest? Freedom. But like how Mel Gibson shouted it in Braveheart, before he made the world’s shitlist (deservedly so).
3.) Do you know what the first two questions are in reference to? Monty Python. Thanks, Google!
4.) What is your favorite blog post to date? This one.
5.) Do you have any big travel plans once reaching financial independence? I want to climb Kilimajaro. It’s much cheaper than Everest. That, and I would probably die climbing Everest.
Sometimes you just need motivation to keep on keepin’ on that money train you’re on- whether it’s paying off debt, growing your wealth, or living a frugal lifestyle. Here is a great motivational and 100% true* quote to get you through the day.
*TJ was a total baller. I can’t find where he actually said this, but I imagine he would have.
What are some of your new favorite blogs?